Ident-A-Kid will be at Walnut Creek on Thursday, October 8 for the Child Safety ID program and to take pictures for an ID card. The ID card cost $9 per child. Please send in cash, check or money order payable to: Ident-A-Kid. You may also order online at http://www.identakid.com. You may call 800-838-0907 for more information.
Free & Reduced Priced Meals
The deadline for free and reduced price meals is October 7th. Each family must complete an application. See http://www.wcpss.net/Page/1849 for more information or the flyers below.
Free & Reduced Priced Meals information - English or Spanish
Consent for Technology & Digital Resource Use
Parental permission is required in order for your student to access
technology and digital resources at school. All students will need the Consent for Technology and Digital Resource Use form turned in to their classroom teacher to be able to use the Internet, iPads, iPods and computers for instruction. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
Consent for Technology and Digital Resource Use From (English and Spanish)
We encourage parents to review bus safety and their family bus plan with their children to get the new school year off to a great start. Bus routes may have changed this year - please check your child's route.
Walnut Creek's Bus Routes
2015-2016 Kindergarten Information
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
The first five (5) days of the school year will be dedicated to Staggered Entry in Kindergarten. The dates for 2015-16 are
August 24 - August 28 with the first full day of kindergarten for all students on August 31.
- As a reminder, a student must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31, 2015 to register for kindergarten.
- Students who attended a private kindergarten in North Carolina must still enter kindergarten per WCPSS Board Policy 6011 and NC Policy § 115C 364, which states the initial point of entry into public school is kindergarten.
- Students must enter during their Kindergarten Staggered Entry day when assessments are done to assist teachers in planning differentiated instruction for all students.
- If at some point during the Kindergarten Staggered Entry period or soon thereafter, observations indicate that a student may be better served in first grade, the Principal can place the student in first grade per WCPSS Board Policy 6011.
Kindergarten Early Entry
Kick-Off To Kindergarten
- Marbles Kids Museum is hosting Kick-Off to Kindergarten. There are two dates to accommodate both the year-round and traditional schedules. Please share this information with your kindergarten parents. For more information go to www.MarblesKidsMuseum.org
- Thursday, June 25, 2015 – 5:00 – 8:00 pm (for rising year-round kindergartners)
- Saturday, August 22, 2015 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (for rising traditional kindergartners)
NC School Report Cards
NC School Report Cards offer a snapshot of some of the important information about individual schools in North Carolina. The School and District Report Cards are divided into five areas: the School/District Profile; Student Performance; School Indicators; School Environment; and Personnel. More information and an overview of the NC School Report Cards can be found at the Department of Public Instruction's website.
Walnut Creek's Report Card - English or Spanish
Calling all volunteers! We would love for you to volunteer here at Walnut Creek. We have opportunities in the classrooms, media center and on field trips. If you would be willing to volunteer, please come to the school's media center and complete the registration process by October 31. All volunteers, both former and new, must undergo a criminal background check.
Twitter at Walnut Creek
Please join us on Twitter @WalnutCreekEs. We will be tweeting about all of the events at the school and the times our buses leave daily!
Notice of Teacher Status
It is the intent and goal of every school in the district to employ highly qualified teachers and staff to provide the best education possible for your child. A highly qualified teacher is an employee that has completed required training and certification and demonstrates the skills necessary to help every child attain high academic and behavioral standards. Parents have the right to request credentials of teachers and staff at Title 1schools. Please fill out the form below and return it to the main office.
Notice of Teacher Status Form- English
Notice of Teacher Status Form - Spanish
Wake County Public School System News
Wildcats Have P.R.I.D.E
P - Positive Words & Actions
R - Respect of Self and Others
I - Integrity and Honor
D - Discipline and Self-Control
E - Excellence in Everything You Do
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support is a nationally recognized research based best practice that is designated by the Office of Special Education Programs as one of the “Ideas that Work. “ PBIS is a school-wide program designed to provide universal strategies and additional layers of interventions for students in need of support. Schools that sustain administrative and staff commitment and implement PBIS with fidelity over time demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Improved school climate
- Reductions in Office Discipline Referrals (ODRs) and in school and out of school suspensions
- Increased parent and community satisfaction
- Improved systems for responding to students in need of additional support with social behavior
Walnut Creek is participating in the PBIS initiative & is currently developing specific desired outcomes, identifying data sources that will be used to measure progress and creating an action plan to support the accomplishment of outcomes.